Sunday, May 15, 2011

I have chopped my hair off.

I have chopped my hair off.

It seems odd, but I have been debating it for months now. About two haircuts ago, I had my layers increased, and I found that I really like the new look with the shorter layers. So I went through photos online and finally got some feedback on my favorites. Then it was off to the stylist to have my hair cut into an A-line bob.

It is adorable! People from work that I only know by passing in the hall are commenting about how cute my hair is! I think that I may have found a new favorite.

Another new change to my life has been my attendance at the Weight Watcher meetings at work. This last week I hit my first ten pounds lost. I love the way that the points are calculated now and I love the way my body feels. Since starting the fibromyalgia medication last June my body has made so many changes. I love the new way I feel every day. I can still feel my body healing everyday and most days I just want to sing to the sky. I don’t know that I have ever been more grateful for the blessings that the Lord has brought into my life. I definitely feel like this is the culmination to a trail in my life that I have faced for many years. I know that this will also lead to new trails in my life, but I actually find myself excited as I now know that I have strived through and been blessed for my efforts.

I know that if I use the tools that the Lord puts before me, I can strive through any trail that he gives me to help me along my path.

After going to the beach this last weekend to spend time with my family, I have realized that I am not spending enough time in nature. Though the dogs and I go to the dog park almost every day, I know that with the coming summer, we need to start extending our walks to new areas. This will mean more leash time, but I want Patrick and Jenny to be comfortable in the woods and by the sea. I am hoping to take the dogs to the sea before the month is out. Though with Keith going East again I will probably have to make the trip by myself. But we will see what happens.

No comments: