The good news is that we finally have a date for Jackson's surgery. It will be Dec 2 and I am so excited, because I am really getting tired of cleaning blood off my floors. The tumor on his foot is also getting bigger. Since it seems to be growing out, I am hoping that it won't mean that he will loose more of his toe.
For myself, I finally got to see the hand surgeron. He confirmed the diagnois of ganglion cysts in both of my wrists. He also advised me after some hand movements and holds that I was in the beginning stages of nerve damage, which may or may not be related to the cysts. So now I am pending Nerve Testing to determine the extent of the damage. I am so not looking forward to that after doing some research on the web. But once we have that diagnosis, then we will be able to make a decision about what and how much surgery I will need. Again, so not excited!
For now, I use an ice pack ever few hours, or whenever the itching starts (sign of the nerves being pinched)to decrease the swelling in my wrists. This is helping to keep most of the pain at bay, for now. The cysts are still growing, so I am hoping that this will all be resolved soon. Yeah for me!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness I'm SO sorry! this whole cyst thing is NO FUN! It's now day 6 for me and I can still barely move my hand! I'll cross my fingers for you for sure! By the way, I had a custom Twilight shirt made for this weekend when I get to go with the screaming teenagers to the movie! Bring it on! :) Keep me posted on your hands for sure!
Post a Comment