Tuesday, March 3, 2009

And Spring Begins

The first flowers of spring have started popping up at my house. I am very excited for the forth coming beauty that my yard will be. Especially with my new camera. I had no idea how out dated my old camera was until I started taking pictures of the flowers.



The backyard makeover:

Before:


After:


We put down wood chips for the dog area and the garden area. Also, the chain link fence is new. No more orange construction fencing for us. The next step for the garden is to build the raised beds. I am really excited to see what I can do with this space this year, now that we are really progressing forward.

I finally painted the tables that Dad made for me last October.

Before:


After:



I love the way the tables turned out. The stencil for the stars worked very well. I did a clear coating for the final to seal it all in. It is amazing to see how painting the table really changes my front room.

It has definitly left me excited to refinish the piano a deep mahagony color with antiqued gold accents.

I attended my first guitar lesson today. The instructor, Aaron, very smart and plays beautifully. He is very easy going and is going to be a great instructor. It was amazing to hear the sounds he could get my guitar to yield. I can only hope to acheive such a sound some day.

3 comments:

K-jo said...

Love the tables! Very cool!

Dave and Sherri said...

WOW! You guys have been super busy. LOVE IT! I agree - the tables are spectacular! Great job!

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

They look really good, I am excited to come to Oregon for our visit.