So though my trip to Utah was only three days long, it was so worth it! I got to spend some wonderful time with Crystal and Stephen. I got to meet little Samuel, who is so cute. I was able to spend Sunday afternoon with my dear friend Sherri, who I hadn't seen in six years.
Some wonderful merries and beautiful weather. It was really nice to have a vacation where I could just relax and enjoy the company of those around me.
I missed my husband, my dogs and my bed (ugh to hotel bed memory), but it was still worth it. The crazy part, though, I got very little reading done. I really thought that I would finish the book that I am working on, Midnight Never Come, but I didn't. However I am still working on it, and am really starting to enjoy it.
I loved being able to meet my new nephew Samuel. I loved being able to hold his little hands with the really long fingers and to oogle his cute and very long little toes. He has gorgeous eyes, which always seem to hold just the cutest look of surprise. During my time there I was even able to get him to smile a few times. This is one of the newer things he is doing these days. When he smiles at you, you can really start to see his little personality starting to come out.
I also loved my visit with Sherri. It had been way too long! I really enjoyed the opportunity I had to come to her home, visit with her, meet her daughters (who are adorable) and say hi to Dave. Chloe is so adorable and just like her mother. Carly, I did not get to see much of, but I love the energy that she generates. Jaylee, I only got to see for a little bit, but oh, was it worth it! Big beautiful eyes and lots of hair! She also is just starting to smile and is totally adorable. I am so grateful that we were able to have this time to renew and revitalize our friendship and look forward to our future interactions. Currently our main interacting, is me sending her a text message ever time I hit a major point in New Moon! Love those books!
Finally, I loved having some time with my sister Crystal. She is such a jewel and I had not realized how much I missed spending time with her.
I can not wait for my next trip to Utah!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi! I just wanted to send you a quick "thank you" note for the visit last weekend. It truly was a treat to be able to catch up and visit! Thanks for taking the time out of your quick trip to come and see me! I can't wait to hear more about your thoughts on the Twilight series, you know I'm obsessed! :)
Post a Comment