Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Twilight Series Part 2

So I just finished Eclipse and I loved it! I am very excited to see what Stephanie Meyer will do with the characters in Breaking Dawn. I alreay know that there will be some twists from reviews that I have read, but I am still looking forward to seeing how she pulls it all together.

With each book, I become more and more a Bella fan. I still think that Edward is fabulous, but sometimes I just want to shake him. Bella on the other hand is getting better at dealing with her self doubt and worries, which is something that I so can relate to.

I am still planning to wait until this Friday before I pick up Breaking Dawn, otherwise I will get nothing else done this week. Eclipse I started at about 8:30 am Monday morning and finished by 11:30pm that night. Of course with a couple of breaks, a really long one for dinner at my parents house. I have never felt such a compultion before to get back to a book. If I could read scriptures like this, life would be wonderful ;)

I am a little sad for it all to end, but knowing that the author is working on other projects and already has another book published that I can read will help. It is actually kind of amazing to think that she ended this series so quickly. It will be very interesting as the years pass to see if she ever picks up these characters again. I know from reading one of my favorite authors, Dennis McKiernan, he has done that quite ofter with his different writings. That is the great part about characters with really long life spans, you can just 200 years or more into the future and they are still part of the story. I am sure that Stephanie Meyer still has many stories brewing in her brain and I look forward to seeing/reading the products of her efforts.

No comments: